craigtaillefer.comThe Official Blog of Craig A. Taillefer: News, Art, Comics, Music, Ramblings, and more!

Archive for the ‘Art’ Category

Even more New Wahoo Morris Art!

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014


New Wahoo Morris Pages

Monday, June 23rd, 2014

The Re-run of Wahoo Morris is over and new pages begin this week.

I’ve got a good head start of close to 40 pages so the story should run through to the end with no more breaks.


HACKED….. again!

Thursday, February 13th, 2014

So, I got hacked yet again.

I’ve been on the same server for close to a decade. I’ve had no real complaints in that time… until I got hacked back in July. It turns out my Domain Host switched from Windows based server to a Linux based cloud server, whatever that means. No one told me any  of this until after I got hacked and was told to upgrade to the newest version of WordPress, which I did only to find out my server doesn’t support the newest version of MySLQ and they are no longer upgrading their legacy servers. So I had to downgrade back to a previous version of WordPress to get things working again.

I should have at that point looked into upgrading to a new server/host, but being lazy/busy I stayed with my current host.

Bu two days ago, maybe longer, t I got hacked… yet again… and two days in with no help with my site I lost my patience and signed up for a new server.

I’m currently in the process of migrating the site to the new server.

Stay posted and let me know of any weirdness until the new server is fully active.


Tuesday, August 13th, 2013

The Lemon Drop Kid is done. Barring any unforeseen revisions, it’s back on to Wahoo Morris. I’ll update more about that next week.

Here’s one more page to wet the appetite.

More Lemon Drop!

Friday, July 19th, 2013

When I took on this project, my idea was to draw the story in a 1930′s/40′s newspaper comic strip style. I wanted to go for a cross between Milton Caniff and Roy Crane.

By the time I had done the character designs I’d dropped the idea of ape-ing a specific artists style, but what I kept was the idea of simplifying the facial details a-la Roy Crane and letting my cartoonier aspects out in a way I wouldn’t in a straight adventure strip. I also tried to reign in my Alex Raymond/ Hal Foster influenced inking style and go for a wetter, thicker style like Caniff. I’m not sure how successful I’ve been, but I think I emulated the feel of the era fairly well.

Here’s another sneak peek.